Date:      Fri, 9 Jun 1995 08:30:11 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Eric L. Hernes" <erich@lodgenet.com>
To:        Gary Palmer <gpalmer@westhill.cdrom.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Questions about ftp install

Gary,

I tried the ftp stuff again last night.  The route still wasn't getting
added.  There was a message on the ppp screen something to the effect of
``write: network is unreachable''  I beleive that this is from trying to
add the route before the interface is up.  I have seen this with ppp from
time to time.  I think the solution is to put the ``add 0 0 <isp ip addr>''
in /etc/ppp/ppp.linkup

Also, the permissions on /usr/X11R6 came out as 700, not quite right.
/usr/X11R6/bin is in my path, and when I typed some bogus command, i'd
get `permission denied', instead of `not found', the permission on /usr/X11R6
fixed this.

eric.
--
erich@lodgnet.com