Date:      Sat, 12 Jul 2003 00:33:47 +0200
From:      "mempheria" <andre@krang.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Newbie Firewall Question

Q1:
i just setup my first ipfw/with natd firewall :-)
i run the preconfigured firewalltype called "simple"=20
can anyone help me make a ruleset that blocks all to inside=20
(except dhcp from my isp & ssh from inside) and allows everything out?

when i try to learn, and look at the "simple" configuration ruleset in =
rc.firewall i go nuts
i mean, why is there natd rules? isnt natd transparent? if i block all =
in it should block all in for natd aswell (?)

Q2:
What means by statefull inspection? i guess ipfw doesnt have suport for =
that.=20

im sorry for being such a lamer and dont read manuals better, but i =
guess this list is for people like me :-)=20

anyway, feel free to answer me, and here is the information you need to =
know

outside interface ep0 "DHCP"
inside interface fxp0 "192.168.0.1"

/ Mempheria=20