Date:      Mon, 27 Oct 2003 21:10:22 +1000
From:      David Lodeiro <dlodeiro@inspired.net.au>
To:        stan <stanb@panix.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Wireless networking hardware recomendations?

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 07:00 am, stan wrote:
> I've got to set up a wireless network. I plan on using a FreeBSD machine as
> the access point. It will be the gateway between an existing network, and a
> new subnet dedicated to various 802.11/B (and later perhaps /G) enabled
> devices.
>
> I'm looking ofr recomendations for hardware on the FreeBSD end. It will be
> a non laptop machine, so PCI slot hardware will fill the bill nicely.
I am currently using a Dlink DWL-G520 on my freebsd 5.1-CURRENT as my access
point. It works quite nicely, the driver is still in development, but it
doesnt seem to do to bad, however you do need to run current to use it.

If you want to see my rc.conf reguarding this machine to make it easier to set
up, let me know.

Thanks

David Lodeiro