Date:      Sun, 21 Nov 1999 18:13:11 -0800
From:      "FreeBSD" <freebsd@gtonet.net>
To:        <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: PCI DMA lockups in 3.2 (3.3 maybe?)

Dennis,

Let's not forget that -STABLE is 3.3 now, not 3.2. If you want updates and
patches you have to make world once in a while. It's only common sense to
see if 3.3 fixes your problem before going off on developers who may have
fixed YOUR problem long ago but you haven't incorporated those changes. As
for 4.0, it's going to be -RELEASE someday too, so don't you think it should
be developed? It isn't as if they're not working on -STABLE too. Lastly, as
for slower? I've ran FreeBSD for years and now I run a combo of  -STABLE
and -CURRENT and you know what? It's all good! My hardware is the bottle
neck and its just as fast as 2.x was.

Welcome to the 21st Century,

FreeBSD
freebsd@gtonet.net

"LinSUX is only free if your time is worthless"