Date:      02 Aug 2002 18:33:32 +0100
From:      Stacey Roberts <stacey@Demon.vickiandstacey.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   WARNING:  cannot connect to checkip.dyndns.org:80 socket: IO::Socket::INET: Bad hostname 'checkip.dyndns.org'

Hello,
     Could someone who is successfully using ddclient please give soem
assistance with this messages that's repeatedly appearing in
/var/log/messages?

The "checkip.dyndns.org" is the url enabled in ddclient.conf to check
for the external IP Addr for the ADSL connection I have here. If you
require further logs/configs, just let me know.

I've sent repeated e-mail enquiries to Paul Burry, have never received a
reply.

Thanks to all that might respond.

Stacey

Aug  2 15:55:25 <mybox> ddclient[209]: WARNING:  cannot connect to
checkip.dyndns.org:80 socket: IO::Socket::INET: Bad hostname
'checkip.dyndns.org'