Date:      Thu, 5 Jul 2007 16:08:56 +0100 (BST)
From:      Andrew Gordon <arg-bsd@arg.me.uk>
To:        Matthias Apitz <m.apitz@oclcpica.org>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: OPTION 3G+ Orange

On Thu, 5 Jul 2007, Matthias Apitz wrote:

> While travelling around in Europe (my 'home' provider is German
> Vodafone) I've to room-in into other provider networks, for example
> in Holland or Great Britain, and the rooming-prices are quite expensive
> and differ a lot from provider to provider. I've check the specifications
> of UMTS and the card but can't see any AT-command how to list the providers
> available or how to preset a given provider, any hints?

According to the document "3GPP TS 27.007 V6.4.0 (2003-09)" which I
downloaded from the ETSI website a long time ago, this command should do
it:

   AT+COPS=?

You are supposed tp get back a list of available networks with their
status (available/current/forbidden), network name (long/short/numeric),
and type of access available.

I don't have a card handy to see if it actually works.