Date:      Sun, 20 Oct 2002 21:31:50 -0700
From:      paul beard <pdb2@u.washington.edu>
To:        "Tony M." <zigner@earthlink.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FTP Server Configuration

Tony M. wrote:
 > Hi again everyone - Thanks for all the previous help, it's
 > worked great :)
 >
 > At this point, could someone point me to the right place to
 > figure out how to configure the FTP server/users and etc?  I've
 > already enabled it in the /etc/inetd.conf file.

for user ftp, you might be already in business. try accessing your
machine as a user (like yourself) and see what happens.

for anonymous ftp, the fine handbook, er, manual, has this to say
about it.

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/install-post.html#ANON-FTP2

--
Paul Beard / 8040 27th Ave NE / Seattle WA 98115 /
paulbeard [at] mac [ dot] com / 206 529 8400

weblog @ <http://paulbeard.no-ip.org/movabletype/>;

" ... I told my doctor I got all the exercise I needed being a
pallbearer for all my friends who run and do exercises!"
		-- Winston Churchill