Date:      Sat, 28 Oct 2000 17:55:18 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jesse <j@lumiere.net>
To:        Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: setting default boot partition

> Jesse writes:
> > Hi,
> > Anyone know how I can change my default boot partion to ad0e?
>
> Yes - go through the entire boot sequence and change all the places
> where it assumes that the boot partition is a to be e.

What do you mean by go through ahd change it?
I can't find anywhere I can specify what the boot partition should be.

> Since you don't have an an a partition, it's probably easier to use
> disklabel to add an a partition that's a copy of the e partition, and
> then use the (new) a partition. That's what I wound up doing, anyway.

I ended up simply relabeling e as a and it worked, but I'd like to know
for future reference when I *do* have an a partition.

Thanks,

---
Jesse <j@lumiere.net>
"One has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws."
                  -- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.