Date:      Wed, 03 Nov 2010 22:10:31 +0200
From:      Andriy Gapon <avg@freebsd.org>
To:        Dan Allen <danallen46@airwired.net>
Subject:   Re: Fatal trap 18

on 03/11/2010 21:45 Dan Allen said the following:

> On 3 Nov 2010, at 2:18 AM, Sergey Kandaurov wrote:
>
>> +       if (cpu_logical == 0) +               cpu_logical = 1;        /*
>> XXX max_logical? */ cpu_cores /= cpu_logical; hyperthreading_cpus =
>> cpu_logical;
>
> My machine contains an Intel Core Duo, not a Core 2 Duo.  However, both
> machines have 2 logical CPUs.  Perhaps the bug is not handling a Core Duo
> properly.

Hm, and in your dmesg I see that you have the situation that I described: your
CPU is supposedly dual-core (and supports HTT on top of that), but FreeBSD for
some reason [*] sees only one cpu, e.g.:
> cpu0: <ACPI CPU> on acpi0

So I am quite sure that the patch that I posted should help you.

[*] - yes, I do want to see your *verbose* dmesg from the working kernel.

--
Andriy Gapon