Date:      Tue, 14 Jul 1998 08:55:22 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>
To:        Adrian Penisoara <ady@warpnet.ro>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: a proliferation of pines

On Tue, 14 Jul 1998, Adrian Penisoara wrote:

[...]
#  There are 2 PRs pending on this, you should use them in the mean time:
#   * ports/7248 for Pine 4.00 (get the *second* set of files, see
#     Audit-trail !)
#   * ports/7252 for Pine 3.96 (MASTER_SITES update)
#
#
#  Someone (Asami, Steve ?) please review these PRs, it's getting annoying
# for many people to get a broken pine tree !

I had intended to do them last weekend, until I saw
Andrey Chernov's (it was a committer anyway sorry for
not remembering the name exactly) messages about how
he was the maintainer and would be taking care of it;
although it appeared this port was being maintained
by ports@FreeBSD.ORG.

I try not to make changes to ports (via PRs) without
first giving the maintainer a chance to make the
commit themselves.  If the maintainer doesn't care
and (possibly) doesn't have the time I can do it.

I think at least 7252 should go in.  And if the pine4
port is not marken broken (hmm...) it should be until
things work themselves out.

Just my $0.02.

Steve

#   Thank you,