Date:      Wed, 04 Nov 1998 09:45:51 -0700
From:      Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To:        Jason Schwab <freaker@null.net>
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: At home networking...

Jason Schwab wrote:

>         Yes, I am sorta enw to freebsd I have to ethernet cards, both
> 100BT, cat5 cable, and one freebsd machine and one win95 machine... how
> can i get them netoworked?  I have the net card enabled in the FBSD
> kernel... so?

Jason, this sort of question is more appropriate for the freebsd-questions
mailing list, so I've directed replies there.

To connect your FreeBSD and Win95 machines, you'll need either a "cross
over" cable, or a hub and a second cat5 cable.  My recommendation would
be to purchase an inexpensive 4- or 5-port hub and another cable; hubs
are really quite inexpensive these days.  Plug both of your network
cards into the hub et voila: network (as opposed to NOTwork).

--
             Where am I, and what am I doing in this handbasket?

Wes Peters                                                      +1.801.915.2061
Softweyr LLC                                                   wes@softweyr.com