Date:      Fri, 4 Apr 2014 23:44:56 +0300
From:      Jorge Luis Carvalho Santos <jorgeassembler1@outlook.com>
To:        "freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org" <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Complete online course in assembly language of Randall Hyde's is really course in assembly language?

Complete online course in assembly language of Randall Hyde's is really cou=
rse in assembly language?=20
Is written in FreeBSD Developers' Handbook:
"This chapter does not explain the basics of assembly language.There are en=
ough resources about that (for a complete online course in assembly languag=
e=2C see Randall Hyde's Art of Assembly Language=3B"  http://www.freebsd.or=
g/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/developers-handbook/x86.html

The biggest gripe I have with this book is that it teaches =93High Level As=
sembly=94=2C essentially an entirely different language from assembly=2C bu=
ilt using assembly macros. It=92s great maybe if you have no programming ex=
perience what so ever=85although even then I don=92t know why you would lea=
rn HLA instead of a real language.
Learning HLA instead of assembly is frustrating for learn the true Assembly=
.=20

 		 	   		  =