Date:      Thu, 31 Mar 2005 16:52:40 -0800
From:      David Armour <dfarmour@myrealbox.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FW: dmesg -a lines' explanation? NEWBIE

hello Roland,

On Wednesday, March 30, 2005: 07:54, Roland Smith wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 29, 2005 at 06:45:10PM -0800, Andrew Heyn wrote:
> > plugging your recommendation onto the command line produced:
> >
> > /etc/devfs.conf:perm    xpt0    0666    #permissions are set properly at
> > boot
> A couple of months ago I put up the things I learnt from configuring my
> FreeBSD box on a web page: http://www.xs4all.nl/~rsmith/freebsd/

thank you for your reply. i had already bookmarked your web-page, and i credit
it with a great portion of my still-limited understanding of what's going on
inside this box of mine.

> > > I'm pretty sure that searching google a little bit can help you with
> > > UNIX basics.

i agree google's a terrific resource, as is the Handbook, of which i do have a
copy.  i must be more of a visual need-to-watch-someone-else kinda learner, i
guess, and which is a bit harder to do in isolation behind a computer screen.
i still notice a big gap between what i can accomplish based on reading the
Handbook, say, and what others here & elsewhere seem able to do/understand.

thanks again.