Date:      Sun, 29 Oct 2000 23:40:36 -0400 (AST)
From:      The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Multiple Jail environment(s) on one host ...

Morning all ...

	I'm running 4.x-STABLE on a machine, that I have setup two jail
environments over the base system, but the second one is getting the
following "errors" generated:

Oct 29 22:32:20 mail inetd[97608]: telnet/tcp: bind: Address already in use
Oct 29 22:32:20 mail inetd[97608]: ftp/tcp: bind: Address already in use

	I have portmap disabled in both jail(s) and the base OS, and inetd
bound in the base OS to its IP ... do I have to bind inside of each jail
to?  I thought it got bound only to those IPs that were visible, no?

	Hrmmm ... if I do a 'telnet localhost smtp' inside of the second
env, it gets its own sendmail ... if I do a 'ftp localhost', it gets the
ftp server of the first env ... samn thing with telnet, it gets me the
first env ...

	If I add the -a IP option to inetd_flags, I can eliminate the
behaviour ... is this the way its supposed to work?

Thanks ...

Systems Administrator @ hub.org