Date:      02 Jul 2002 01:59:47 +0200
From:      Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>
To:        audit@freebsd.org
Subject:   Full OpenSSH patch for -STABLE

I won't post this one, it's 2.5 MB.  You can get it online at:

    http://people.freebsd.org/~des/software/openssh-20020701.diff

Notes:

 - Privilege separation is disabled as it breaks Kerberos ticket
   passing and possibly other features upon which at least some
   -STABLE users depend.  I will enable privsep once the Kerberos
   issue (and any other issues that may crop up) have been resolved,
   which probably means "some time after the next OpenSSH release".

 - The patch updates some PAM modules, and changes pam_std_option() in
   a way that breaks the PAM library / module interface, though only
   FreeBSD's own modules are affected since pam_std_option() is a
   FreeBSD hack.  This should make PAM much more useful in -STABLE,
   particularly as applies to OpenSSH, without going all the way and
   converting the entire userland to PAM like I've done in -CURRENT.

 - The patch is not 100% complete; there are still a few nits like
   what value to pick for VersionAddendum (since this version will not
   be entirely identical to the one in -CURRENT) and I'm not entirely
   done fixing pam_ssh(8).

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smorgrav - des@ofug.org