Date:      Sat, 3 Apr 2010 16:56:39 +0200
From:      Gary Jennejohn <gary.jennejohn@freenet.de>
To:        Garrett Cooper <yanefbsd@gmail.com>
Cc:        gecko@freebsd.org, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bug Report: Firefox 3.6.2 crashes on JavaScript heavy pages

On Sat, 3 Apr 2010 04:24:05 -0700
Garrett Cooper <yanefbsd@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 3, 2010 at 3:30 AM, Edward Tj__rnhammar <e@cube2.se> wrote:
> > The browser crashes on JavaScript intensive pages. I've tried to debug
> > the behavior but since firebug crashes with firefox this is a no go.
> > I've tried disabling optimizations in the firefox makefile but it
> > makes no difference.
> >
> > I don't believe it matters but my hardware is a Dell XPS m1210 laptop
> > with intel graphics.
> >
> > What system:
> > pylon# uname -a
> > FreeBSD pylon 8.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 8.0-RELEASE #0: Sat Mar 13 18:50:29
> > CET 2010 __ __ root@pylon:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/PYLON __i386
> >
> > What makefile:
> > pylon# grep Makefile,v /usr/ports/www/firefox/Makefile
> > # $FreeBSD: ports/www/firefox/Makefile,v 1.221 2010/03/23 08:54:22 beat Exp $
> >
> > How to reproduce:
> > I can reproduce this crash everytime by removing my .mozilla and then visit:
> > __http://review.source.android.com/11633
> > Most pages are Ok.
> >
> > Error message:
> > Floating point exception (core dumped)
> >
> > Well.. the processor supports SSE instrincs, perhaps this is a SIMD
> > optimization bug somewhere else, I remember I enabled that for some
> > other port..
> >
> > Other notable behaviour:
> > If i run firefox3 with truss -f firefox3 does not crash on the page.
> > I could probably dive deeper into this.
>
>     Doesn't crash for me on Firefox 3.5.8:
>
> # /etc/make.conf:
> CFLAGS		+= -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe
> CXXFLAGS	+= -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe
> # ...
> CPUTYPE		:= nocona
>
>     Do you have a custom make.conf file? If so, what's your processor
> and your CPUTYPE / C*FLAGS?

The referenced page works for me using FF 3.6.2.  I don't have any
special CFLAGS values set in src.conf/make.conf.

I also have
CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) Dual Core Processor 4850e (2505.35-MHz K8-class CPU)
Features=0x178bfbff<FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,
MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CLFLUSH,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,HTT>
Features2=0x2001<SSE3,CX16>

--
Gary Jennejohn