Date:      Wed, 26 Aug 2020 01:30:38 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Doug Denault <doug@safeport.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   diff is a little diff  --  erent

So diff -y no longer works. I've been using this since 1995

This was done on purpose:

    20170420:
       GNU diff has been replaced by a BSD licensed diff. Some features
       of GNU diff has not been implemented, if those are needed a newer
       version of GNU diff is available via the diffutils package under
       the gdiff name.

I do wonder why. Who is going to go to the effort to build/install "base"
commands as various options are removed/changed? I can't wait to see what
happens to cp, grep, find, and awk.

_____
Douglas Denault
http://www.safeport.com