Date:      Sat, 24 Mar 2001 12:18:19 -0700
From:      <go@dubkat.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Netscape & X 4.0.3

Hi, I'm trying to install Netscape Navigator 4.76 from the ports tree, and
it insists on installing some XFree86 3.3.3 libs. Is there a way for me to
get around this while using XFree86 4.0.3? When I do make install, it gets
to the build of XFree86-aoutlibs-3.3.3, and stops w/ an error like "There
aren't any a.out libraries on your machine. Please install the compat22
distribution." I'd rather not have any old XFree86 libraries at all, since
4.0.3 is working great so far. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
	Glenn Oppegard