Date:      Sun, 19 Dec 2010 10:55:45 -0600
From:      Jeremy Messenger <mezz.freebsd@gmail.com>
To:        "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@mail.zedat.fu-berlin.de>
Cc:        gnome@freebsd.org, mezz@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ports/153266: net-im/libnice: Does not install libnice.so.0 properly (missing: nice.0)

On Sun, Dec 19, 2010 at 6:20 AM, O. Hartmann
<ohartman@mail.zedat.fu-berlin.de> wrote:
> On 12/18/10 21:20, mezz@FreeBSD.org wrote:
>>
>> Synopsis: net-im/libnice: Does not install libnice.so.0 properly (missin=
g:
>> nice.0)
>>
>> State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
>> State-Changed-By: mezz
>> State-Changed-When: Sat Dec 18 20:19:47 UTC 2010
>> State-Changed-Why:
>> It looks like your libtool got broke or something. You need to make sure
>> you
>> have libtool installation fixed by follow in the /usr/ports/UPDATING or
>> just
>> reinstall your libtool and try it again. If you still get same result,
>> please
>> follow this:
>>
>> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/docs/bugging.html
>>
>> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=3D153266
>
> I made it my habit following /usr/ports/UPDATING before updating the port=
s.
> So I foloowed the instructions updating all the autotools ports as
> recommended with in the appropriate entry of that file.
>
> Well, I'm a little bit confused. On all boxes I run with FreeBSD 8/9 libn=
ice
> gets installed as 'libnice.so.9', but, for instance, farsight2 checks for
> the dependency of nice.0 instead of nice.9. Adjusting this 'typeo' from 0=
 ->
> 9 makes things run well.
>
> Well, I thought this is an error in libnice, maybe I'm wrong and it is a
> typo in farsight2. If libnice.so.9 is correct, then I suggest moving the
> whole thing over to an error report for net-im/farsight2 and my apologies=
,
> if it is so ...

It installs as libnice.so.0 and farsight2 checks for nice.0 are
correct, not 9. Umm... It sounds like somehow your ports tree's
USE_GNOME=3Dltverhack is broke. Without that, it will installing as
libnice.so.9. The USE_GNOME=3Dltverhack is coming from
/usr/ports/Mk/bsd.gnome.mk. Is your bsd.gnome.mk up to date? Or maybe
your libtool is broke too. I am not sure why your ports tree's
USE_GNOME=3Dltverhack doesn't work though. How does your make.conf looks
like?

Cheers,
Mezz

> Regards,