Date:      29 Dec 2002 21:47:19 +0000
From:      Stacey Roberts <stacey@vickiandstacey.com>
To:        nkinkade@dsl-only.net
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: freebsd-test address

On Sun, 2002-12-29 at 21:38, Nathan Kinkade wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 29, 2002 at 09:21:16PM +0000, Stacey Roberts wrote:
> > Hi,
> >    Quick question on the freebsd-test list that folks are supposed to
> > use instead of bothering list like this one.
> >
> > How is it supposed to work, then?
> >
> > I'm subscribed to freebsd-questions (amongst others), but I've never
> > actually tried to use the test address until now.
> >
> > I sent a couple of test messages to freebsd-test@freebsd.org from my two
> > subscribed e-mail accounts, but what now?
> >
> > Thanks for the time.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Stacey
> > --
> > Stacey Roberts
> > B.Sc (HONS) Computer Science
>
> Stacey,
>
> Subscribe to the freebsd-test in the same way that you would to any of
> the other freebsd lists.  You should then receive mail to freebsd-test in
> the same manner as you do freebsd-questions.  This may not have been
> what you are looking for - it sounds too simple.

Hi Nathan,
   Yeah, this is just what I wanted actually.

I've convinced a friend of mine to give FreeBSD a try (after years of
toil on $olaris). Before trying to subscribe, though I wanted to advise
him to try testing his mail setup with the test mail address, but
figured I'd check it out myself first before.

Thanks for taking the time.

Regards,

Stacey

> Nathan