Date:      Sat, 6 Jul 2002 01:51:42 +0200
From:      "Patrick O'Reilly" <bsd@perimeter.co.za>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Boot Error (after: Mounting root from ufs:/dev/md0c)

Hi all.

I'm stumped!  I've just put together a new PC and tried to install from=20
my trusty 4.5 CD.  It seems to boot fine till the end of the=20
"bright-white" boot messages, then it just hangs.  The last message on=20
screen is:
---
Mounting root from ufs:/dev/md0c
---
If I am not mistaken, the md0c device uses RAM as a virtual disk?!? =20
Could there be a problem with the memory?

Any clues?

The MB is Asus A7N266-VM with Athlon 1700 processor.  It has 2 x 128Mb=20
DDR SDRAM sticks.

I've been over all the jumpers, everything in the BIOS, tried the memory=20
sticks individually, even reverted to my older 4.3 CD, and even tried=20
my old 4.3 boot floppies.  Whatever I try - it always stops with at the=20
same spot.

HHH EEEEE LLLLL PPPP !!  :)

--=20
Regards,