Date:      Sun, 19 Mar 2000 18:47:36 -0700 (MST)
From:      Alex Baram <baram@HOME.NET>
To:        just matt <matt@dqc.org>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sound in Quake II

On Sun, 19 Mar 2000, just matt wrote:

:
: I'm pretty sure fbsd, or at least voxware, does not support the 8 bit
: version of the sb.  just FYI.
:
: 		- Matt

There is support for the 8 bit SB:

# snd: Voxware sound support code
# sb: SoundBlaster PCM - SoundBlaster, SB Pro, SB16, ProAudioSpectrum
device         snd
device sb0     at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1

# NewPcm Driver - man sbc(4)
device          pcm
device          sbc0 at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x0

:
: >
: > Can anyone offer a suggestion ? I also have an OPTi 82C931
: > based sound card and an original 8 BIT Sound Blaster if
: > there's anything I can do with those.
: >
: >
: > Reply address is bogus due to experiences with spam.
: > Please reply to list. Thx.
: >
: >
: > To Unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo@FreeBSD.org
: > with "unsubscribe freebsd-multimedia" in the body of the message
: >
:
:
: