Date:      Thu, 02 Oct 1997 01:19:27 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Stephen McKay <syssgm@dtir.qld.gov.au>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sysctl variables

> On Thursday, 2nd October 1997, "Jordan K. Hubbard" wrote:
>
> >> So, please, no dual universes.
> >
> >OK, how about Domain/OS variant symlinks? :-)
>
> The thoughts of a colleague when I explained how variant symlinks exceeded
> even the OS/x dual symlink that we know so well:
>
>     "I'm sure they would bite you on the bum continuously,
>     but just think of the job security!"

Actually, that wasn't my experience during my brief tenure on Apollo
systems.  If anything, they made a number of otherwise complex and
annoying tasks a lot easier to do and more fault tolerant (it makes
switching resources in and out in emergency situations a lot easier,
for one thing).

Variant symlinks rule! :-)

					Jordan