Date:      Sat, 22 Feb 2003 22:10:15 -0500 (EST)
From:      Jeff Roberson <jroberson@chesapeake.net>
To:        arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: More buf cache locking. (patch)

Ok, I did this a little cleaner than I thought I would.  I got rid of the
buftimelock and acquire the lock's interlock outside of lockmgr.  Then I
pass a flag into lockmgr to tell it I've already got its interlock.

I then added an interlock parameter to BUF_LOCK and BUF_TIMELOCK.  The
user still has to specify LK_INTERLOCK.

This smp safes all of the queueing of bufs onto and off of vnode buf
lists.  The free list queueing is already safe.

I'm testing this code right now on my laptop.  I'll throw it on a few
machines around here for a while before I commit as well.  Since this was
much lower impact than I thought it would be I'm not going to wait more
than three or four days to commit assuming there are no objections.

Cheers,
Jeff