Date:      Mon, 7 Oct 1996 21:29:55 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
To:        "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@freefall.freebsd.org>
Cc:        wlyons@cnnet.com, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Internet Servers

On Sun, 6 Oct 1996, Jonathan M. Bresler wrote:

> Wayne Lyons wrote:
> >
> > To whom it may concern:
> >
> > I am doing a research paper on why a UNIX type operating system provides
> > a much better platform than does Windows NT.  I would appreciate if you
> > could help point me in the direction of some documentation, or supply
> > some information on the areas in which Windows NT is lacking and UNIX is
> > not.
>
> 	i work for an unnamed organization what has chosen to use
> 	NT as its web server.  the web group is now rebooting the
> 	machine 3 times a day.  NT runs out of threads and stops
> 	working.

Jonathan, what NT version ? What WWW server ? Would be interesting
for me. Did they install service packs ?!

__
andreas@klemm.gtn.com         /\/\___      Wiechers & Partner Datentechnik GmbH
   Andreas Klemm          ___/\/\/         Support Unix -- andreas.klemm@wup.de
pgp p-key  http://www-swiss.ai.mit.edu/~bal/pks-toplev.html  >>> powered by <<<
ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/system/Printing/aps-491.tgz  >>>    FreeBSD <<<