Date:      Mon, 29 May 2000 12:24:38 +0200 (SAST)
From:      Justin Stanford <jus@security.za.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Asus k7v Onboard Sound with 4.0-STABLE

Hi Folks,

Having a bit of a struggle..
My asus k7v motherboard has an onboard (and what appears to be non
pnp) PCI sound card (VIA something or other arb brand) - In an attempt to
get it to work in FreeBSD 4.0-STABLE, I have tried first adding this :-

device          pcm0 at isa? port? irq 11 drq 1 flags 0x0

to the kernel, which did not work.. and then adding this :-

options         PNPBIOS

This didn't seem to work either, and I have tried toggling PNP OS on/off
in the BIOS (it remains off, otherwise my network card refuses to work) -
still no luck.

Is it possible to get it to work, anyone..?

Regards and many thanks,
jus

--
Justin Stanford