Date:      Mon, 22 Jan 2001 18:53:15 +0200
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@orbitel.bg>
To:        Radovan Gibala <gigi@agraf.sk>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: MySQL and BerkleyDB

On Mon, Jan 22, 2001 at 12:12:12PM +0100, Radovan Gibala wrote:
> Hi !
>
> Is there any possibility to get a port for MySQL with BerkleyDB support
> ?
> I realy need the transaction support and I'd like to build MySQL from a
> port.

I'm currently working on a patch to the MySQL port to allow specifying
charsets (the --with-charset and --with-extra-charsets configure script
options).  I'll throw in Berkeley DB there for good measure.  Expect
patches tomorrow, and hopefully, if they do not screw up things very
badly, Dirk may include them sometime soon :)

G'luck,
Peter

--
If you think this sentence is confusing, then change one pig.