Date:      Fri, 10 Aug 2001 22:36:12 -1000
From:      "Randal Masutani" <randal@mailrelay.hits.net>
To:        "Srinivas Dharmasanam" <the_srinivas@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-small@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kernel probe on DiskonChip fails

I had a similar problem with my 8MB DOC.  It seems the kernel probing did
not detect the chip.  In the kernel config file I had to hard code a
memory address for it.

  device   fla0    at isa?  iomem 0xc8000

The driver does normally scan memory from 0xc000 to 0xde000.  Make sure
your jumper settings is in this range.

Randal