Date:      Wed, 15 Aug 2007 01:36:07 +0200
From:      Nikola Lecic <nlecic@EUnet.yu>
To:        James <oscartheduck@gmail.com>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: lam/MPI with trillium libraries

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 16:56:04 -0600
James <oscartheduck@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm looking to build a copy of a debugging program called XMPI. For
> this to work, I have to have lam/MPI installed with the trillium
> libraries.
>=20
> I couldn't see any easy way to tell the net/lam port to install
> itself with these libraries, though it makes some measure of sense to
> me that there ought to be one. Is anyone out there aware of any way
> to do this? It's typically passed as  a flag during ./configure, so
> if I'm just uninformed as to the ways of ports and there's an easy
> way to pass that in, that'd be a great solution.

Hi James,

The default configure args for that port are

  CONFIGURE_ARGS=3D --with-rsh=3Dssh

So, if you just want to do 'make install', then

  # make CONFIGURE_ARGS=3D' --with-rsh=3Dssh --with-....'
  # make install clean

or, if you use portupgrade, add

  MAKE_ARGS =3D {
    'net/lam' =3D> ' --with-rsh=3Dssh --with-....',
  }

to your /usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf to save them for future upgrades.
There are also other ways to preserve make options.

Nikola Le=C4=8Di=C4=87