Date:      Fri, 15 Jun 2001 09:39:21 -0700
From:      "Hervey Wilson" <herveyw@dynamic-cast.com>
To:        "FreeBSD Questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Postfix: cannot find /etc/aliases.db

4.3 Release system, /usr/ports/mail/postfix port.

When receiving mail, postfix complains that it cannot open /etc/aliases.db. I modifed the main.cf file and set $aliases_database to
point to /etc/mail/aliases.db but postfix still complained about /etc/aliases.db.

Obviously I can copy aliases.db to /etc, but there must be something else I've inadvertently missed, any hints ?

Thanks in advance,
H.