Date:      Tue, 22 Jul 1997 09:47:25 -0400
From:      "Lu, Mark" <LuMark@NAVCANADA.CA>
To:        "'freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Compaq Neflex ethernet drivers for TI ThunderLAN chip;was RE:Integrated ethernet on Compaq Deskpro 6000

Is anyone interested in writing or porting a device driver for Texas
Instruments TLAN-based ethernet controllers (eg. Compaq Netflex),
because TI has now released info on the chip on their website.
There is also an Alpha driver available for it on Linux at
ftp://ftp.caldera.com/pub/stuff/tlan-0.24.tar.gz

How much work is involved in porting a device driver from Linux?  Is
this easier than starting from scratch?