Date:      Tue, 3 Feb 2004 10:33:32 -0800
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
To:        net@freebsd.org
Subject:   removing if_withname()

--zbGR4y+acU1DwHSi

Bruce pointed out that if_withname is inconsistent about IFNAMSIZ.  I
was looking at it and cleaned it up, but then I realized that it is a
really inefficient implementation of ifnet_byindex(sdl->sdl_index).  It
turns out that it's also completely unused so I'd like to remove it
entirely rather then fixing it since it's both broken and pointless.  Is
there any reason not to do so?

I used glimpse and rwatson's fxr to verify that it's unused:

http://fxr.watson.org/fxr/ident?i=3Dif_withname

-- Brooks

--=20

--zbGR4y+acU1DwHSi