Date:      Sat, 28 Oct 2000 18:25:33 -0700
From:      Chip <chip@wiegand.org>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   ports question

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that when installing a
port it would
also update any dependencies. For example, I want to install xfce
from the
port, but it failed apparently on esound. So I then went to
install esound
by itself by it failed with the message that libtool is out of
date.  So I used pkg_delete on the old libtool and then installed
the new libtool port, and
now xfce installs just fine because esound also installs fine.
I thought stuff like this got updated by installing from the
port? This is the
first time this sort of problem has happened to me, and I have
installed many
of the ports just to see what some of these programs are.
--
Chip W.
www.wiegand.org