Date:      Thu, 01 Jan 2015 13:29:27 -0800
From:      Will Brokenbourgh <will_brokenbourgh@yahoo.com>
To:        kde@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: qt5-webkit-5.3.2_2

Dear Maintainers,

Happy New Year!

Browsers such as QupZilla and Rekonq use Qt5-Webkit for their
functionality.

There are websites that use WOFF (Web Open Font Format) however
FreeBSD's Qt5-Webkit package appears to have an issue, which causes the
websites to not display text at all.

Please see the notice message below, which is displayed on the
command-line when sites using WOFF are loaded:

 > WOFF support requires QtWebKit to be built with zlib support.

(/wrkdirs/usr/ports/www/webkit-qt5/work/qtwebkit-opensource-src-5.3.2/Source/WebCore/
 > platform/graphics/qt/FontCustomPlatformDataQt.cpp:60,
WebCore::FontCustomPlatformData
 > *WebCore::createFontCustomPlatformData(WebCore::SharedBuffer *))

Is it difficult or impossible to enable zlib support?  I would really
like to use QupZilla with sites such as Outlook.com which currently
doesn't work because of this issue.

Thank you for your time !

--

Will Brokenbourgh