Date:      Mon, 19 Jan 1998 08:52:07 +0300 (MSK)
From:      =?KOI8-R?B?4c7E0sXKIP7F0s7P1w==?= <ache@nagual.pp.ru>
To:        Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>
Cc:        Satoshi Asami <asami@cs.berkeley.edu>, perhaps@yes.no, gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG, ports@FreeBSD.ORG, committers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: amanda port, empty PATCH_STRIP= lines causes trouble

On Mon, 19 Jan 1998, Peter Wemm wrote:

> I agree with Satoshi.  My preference would be to convert the new patch to
> a port, revert to the old patch in the tree (with it's "unique" handling
> of Index:), and leave the change to cvs in place.  Once we've had a -stable
> release with a cvs that generates full paths in the diff headers and
> people have had a chance to upgrade/make world/etc, then we can revisit
> replacing the patch in the base tree.

1) Lets deal with -stable first because of its results depends how
-current import of new patch should be treated. Dealing with -stable not
depends of -current new patch but not vice versa.

2) About -stable. Why not make _separate_ version of patch with its
"unique"  Indexes: handling? I.e. we can have right "/usr/bin/patch" in
the base system and "/usr/bin/broken_patch" for ports. It will be one-line
change in bsd.port.mk

--
Andrey A. Chernov
<ache@nietzsche.net>