Date:      Fri, 14 Jul 1995 09:22:50 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        jteitelbaum@unog.ch
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: your mail

jteitelbaum@unog.ch stands accused of saying:
>      When I boot the PC, there is a message telling me that
>      my floppy disk drive is not correctly configured. So I
>      change the System Setup, but that solves nothing (I think
>      that actually, the settings are correct).

Sounds like you have a hardware problem.  Check the cabling to the
floppy drive.

>      fd0c:hard error reading fsbn0 of 0-15
>      STO40 <abnrml> ST1 <no_am> ST2 0 cyl 0 hd 0 sec 1
>      disklabel : /dev/rfdc0: Input/output error

Does the floppy light come on when you do this?  Does it make any
'crunching' noises?

>                                Juan, writing from the United Nations

]] High-speed data acquisition and                                      [[
]] realtime instrument control          (ph/fax) +61-8-267-3039         [[
]] My car has "demand start" - Terry Lambert                            [[