Date:      Thu, 4 Dec 2003 08:39:51 -0500
From:      David Gilbert <dgilbert@dclg.ca>
To:        Jamie Bowden <ragnar@sysabend.org>
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Latitude D800 display.

>>>>> "Jamie" == Jamie Bowden <ragnar@sysabend.org> writes:

Jamie> Several of the other people on this list have one, and I have a
Jamie> question: What resolution are you running?

Jamie> What do I have to do to use the full resolution of this screen?
Jamie> I'd think X would pick this up from DDC, but it's not finding
Jamie> any other valid modes.

Jamie> I'm using the NVIDIA-FreeBSD-x86-1.0-4365 driver Nvidia's
Jamie> website dated 1-July-2003.

I have the following in my XF86Config.  I don't recall where I got it
from, but it appears to make things work.  I also use the nvidia
driver, but this was also required for the XFree driver to work.

Section "Monitor"
	Identifier   "Monitor0"
	VendorName   "Monitor Vendor"
	ModelName    "Monitor Model"
	HorizSync    30-110
	VertRefresh  60-110
	Modeline "1920x1200" 230 1920 1936 2096 2528 1200 1201 1204 1250 +HSync +VSync
	Option       "DPMS"
EndSection

Dave.

|David Gilbert, Independent Contractor.       | Two things can only be     |
|Mail:       dave@daveg.ca                    |  equal if and only if they |
|http://daveg.ca                              |   are precisely opposite.  |