Date:      Wed, 4 Jun 2014 21:58:03 +0200
From:      Kurt Jaeger <lists@opsec.eu>
To:        Stephen Hurd <shurd@sasktel.net>
Cc:        freebsd-gecko@freebsd.org, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, "Ronald F. Guilmette" <rfg@tristatelogic.com>
Subject:   Re: Firefox chokes up for several seconds... frequently

Hi!

> > I spoke too soon.
> >
> > The problem is back again.
> >
> > As a friend of mine used to say "Problems that go away by themselves
> > come back by themselves".
[...]
> Try changing "gfx.xrender.enabled" from True to False in about:config.
> This solved a similar problem with scaled images for me a couple years ago.

I have seen the same problem (freezes for several seconds)
and changed this config.

I'm still waiting for similar issues to reappear.

My firefox process currently has 3.6 GB RAM with 3.1 GB RSS (!)

That was much better in the past. I had firefox running for several
month with heavy browsing. Now I need to restart it every 1-2 weeks.
Hmm, one thing: I had gnash-0.8.10_10 installed. Deleted it now.

firefox-28.0,1 on 9.2-RELEASE-p4 amd64.

--
pi@opsec.eu            +49 171 3101372                         6 years to go !