Date:      Tue, 26 Feb 2002 14:09:33 -0500
From:      Christopher Rued <c.rued@xsb.com>
To:        mcclain@looneys.net
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: What is ant good for?

 > I too think xml is horrible and sucky to read or write, but i suppose that's
 > what xml editors are for. has anyone used an xml editor to write
 > build file (no smart-ass comments about vi and emacs please <g>)?
 > did they work?

Forte has a built-in editor that works fairly well.  If you give emacs
the DTD, it actually can serve fairly well as an XML editor.

Also, the Apache people who are working on ant are also (last I knew)
working on an editor called "Antler" that is supposed to make creating
build files easier.

--
Chris