Date:      Fri, 04 Apr 2014 18:39:09 -0400
From:      "Littlefield, Tyler" <tyler@tysdomain.com>
To:        Jorge Luis Carvalho Santos <jorgeassembler1@outlook.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org" <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Complete online course in assembly language of Randall Hyde's is really course in assembly language?

On 4/4/2014 4:44 PM, Jorge Luis Carvalho Santos wrote:

Complete online course in assembly language of Randall Hyde's is really course in assembly language?
Is written in FreeBSD Developers' Handbook:
"This chapter does not explain the basics of assembly language.There are enough resources about that (for a complete online course in assembly language, see Randall Hyde's Art of Assembly Language;"  http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/developers-handbook/x86.html

The biggest gripe I have with this book is that it teaches “High Level Assembly”, essentially an entirely different language from assembly, built using assembly macros. It’s great maybe if you have no programming experience what so ever…although even then I don’t know why you would learn HLA instead of a real language.
Learning HLA instead of assembly is frustrating for learn the true Assembly.

You seem to find topics since I've been here that aren't related to BSD but that you posit in an attempt to get answers. Is your goal really to get answers (re: stallman--why would the devs have a view), or are you just bored and trying to start a thread of flaming. The BSD community doesn't seem like that kind of community--maybe you should go to ubuntu and post your claims there.