Date:      Tue, 27 Nov 2001 20:03:53 -0500
From:      Jamie Oulman <jamie@techsquare.com>
To:        "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Video format's and sizes

Your pretty much stuck with mpeg1 IIRC if your doing VCD. SVCD
requires mpeg2 and has some gains over mpeg1. I dont remember
how much of that is picture quality.

My recommendation would be a G4 Tower with a superdrive, a copy
of Final Cut Pro 2, and the DVD tools from apple. Would cost you
about $5k but it would be alot easier than finding compatible FreeBSD
software.

As a mentioned before. http://www.vcdhelp.com has alot of information
on authoring (S)VCD's and the formats needed. And I believe a few
of the tools they mention have linux ports or at least provide src.

best,

jamie.