Date:      Fri, 14 Nov 2014 06:38:20 -0500
From:      Mark Saad <nonesuch@longcount.org>
To:        Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>
Cc:        Alan Somers <asomers@freebsd.org>, Rui Paulo <rpaulo@me.com>, "freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org" <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>, "Wojciech A. Koszek" <wkoszek@freebsd.org>, FreeBSD CURRENT <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>, Luigi Rizzo <rizzo@iet.unipi.it>
Subject:   Re: comments on code-in tasks for FreeBSD (Re: FreeBSD + Google Code-In 2014 = we need ideas.)

> On Nov 14, 2014, at 4:27 AM, Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net> wrote:
>=20
>> On Thu, Nov 13, 2014 at 07:55:16PM -0800, Rui Paulo wrote:
>>> On Nov 13, 2014, at 17:40, Luigi Rizzo <rizzo@iet.unipi.it> wrote:
>>> But please nuke the current list -- it is completely inadequate
>>> for the code-in candidates and misleading for whoever wants to
>>> suggest new tasks. Again i am not saying that the projects
>>> suggested there are not important, just belong somewhere else
>>> e.g. gsoc.
>>=20

I have a few ideas for younger and or less experienced google code in people=

1. Analyze the CD/USB  install process .=20
Does the actual process match the guide and or general docs .=20

2. Analyze / comment on the automated install process "jumpstart ". Does the=
 guide and general docs match the actual process .

3. Test the virtual machine images as vagrant box images , and create vagran=
t box images from the official vm images .=20

4. Create a script for the installer "bsd install" to use glabel to label gp=
arts slices as /dev/label/$NAME=20

5. Test the ami images , again can the docs be improved are they accurate .

The=20

Now let me preface the docs tasks , by no means am I saying that the docs te=
am has made lots of mistakes and their work needs to be rechecked . The task=
s are small enough that most high school aged people could grasp the issue, w=
ith out any prior experience in BSD world . Rechecking the docs is always a g=
ood idea .=20

They should allow the code in members to make some good contributions ; and m=
aybe even some good improvements .=20

Mark saad | mark.saad@longcount.org=20=