Date:      Mon, 5 Jan 1998 16:00:48 +1100 (EST)
From:      Anthony Hill <ahill@blacksun.net.au>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Traffic accounting and stats.

I am using 2.2.1-RELEASE as a router to route between my ~15 host
LAN and the async ppp link to my ISP. I would like to get detailed traffic
stats for each host on the network.

ie. how much traffic went from LAN machine A to LAN machine B. How much
went from LAN machine C out over the ppp link. How much traffic came
in over the ppp link to LAN machine D. etc etc.

Any idea how to go about this ?

It would also be REALLY cool if I could tell what the composition of the
traffic was. ie 50% of the externally sourced traffic destined for LAN
machine E was TCP on port 80, and the rest was TCP on port 23.

Please reply to this email address, as I dont have access to news, and
I dont contribute enough to warrant a subscription to the mailing list.

thanks,

Anthony Hill
Network Engineer
connect.com.au