Date:      Thu, 9 May 2013 10:48:12 -0700
From:      Paul Beard <paulbeard@gmail.com>
To:        Dan Nelson <dnelson@allantgroup.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD-questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: question on manpages/hier(7)

On May 9, 2013, at 10:39 AM, Dan Nelson <dnelson@allantgroup.com> wrote:

> I don't have a /usr/local/share/man/ directory at all, and have 7300 =
files in
> /usr/local/man/man?/ , so I'd say /usr/local/man/ is the correct =
location :)

I wish it were that simple here. /etc/manpath.config is unmodified so I =
have no idea how this is getting all futzed up.=20

I am finding files in /usr/local/share/man/man1 that were updated =
yesterday with others dating back to 2007.=20

--
Paul Beard

Are you trying to win an argument or solve a problem?=20