Date:      Mon, 16 Aug 1999 14:50:54 +0900
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
To:        tcobb@staff.circle.net
Cc:        adepoo@tamnet.com.mx, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: On freezes in 3.2-Stable

tcobb@staff.circle.net wrote:

> >Can it be the memory itself?
> >
> >We have a test box with 3.2, when we added some memory the machine start
> >to act weird, just as the original post, freeze, no keyboard input, even
> >sometimes the machine reboots.
> >
> >We take out the added memory, and then everything is going well.
>
> I thought that might be the situation.  So I removed the memory
> and put it into another box which worked fine w/ just that one
> DIMM.  I'm guessing now that the memory was fine, but support
> for 1GB was the problem.
>
> I'd loved to find myself wrong in this, by the way. :)

Last time I heard of a similar problem, I gave 4 to 1 odds it was
memory. Turned out that for above 512 Mb the motherboard required
ECC memory.

--
Daniel C. Sobral			(8-DCS)
dcs@newsguy.com

	"You intend to eat me, then?" he asked the dragon.
	"Well, I must admit, more for the amusement than the taste."