Date:      Mon, 24 Mar 1997 13:02:40 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
To:        Barry Masterson <jbarrm@panix.com>
Cc:        Freebsd-questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: 2.1.6 -> 2.1.7 & No bin distribution

On Sun, 23 Mar 1997, Barry Masterson wrote:

> > > 	Couldn't extract the following distributions:
> > > 	bin catpages
> >
> > That's the first time I've seen that from a CD install.  What method did
> > you use to upgrade?  Which option(s) did you select?
> >

> 'dd if=boot.flp of=/dev/rfd0 bs=36b' got the boot.flp image onto the
> floppy. With the CD #1 disk already in the Plextor scsi cd drive, I
> rebooted the system with the boot.flp disk.

OK, I'm beginning to understand.  I've never used the bs option when using
dd to make boot floppies though.

Is your CD SCSI or ATAPI?  Your CD may not have been detedcted during
setup.  After getting the main menu hit scroll lock and scroll up and see
if you can find the CD probe message.

> The only options I selected, as I remember were setting the
> editor to 'vi', and some level of debug messages to YES.

OK, that's fine.