Date:      Sun, 28 Sep 2003 20:30:03 -0400
From:      Dragoncrest <dragoncrest@voyager.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Questions about mkisofs

         Hi all.  Just curious of something.  I'm probably doing something
wrong and totally not paying attention, but for some reason when I run
mkisofs, all my files get truncated at 12 charecters and some weird 001 is
appended to the rest of the name.  I use the following command when
building an iso file for burning:  mkisofs -R -U -o mycd.iso
/path.to.files/to.be.burned/

         I'm obviously missing something because I've gotten files with
names up to 128 charecters long to be included in an iso when burning them
in windows, but not in freebsd using mkisofs.  I've also been able to make
the disk name 16 charecters long in windows but only 12 with mkisofs.  Can
someone tell me what I'm doing wrong with the options on mkisofs and help
me fix it?  Like I said, I've read the man file and I thought I had it all
correct, but apparently that's not true.  Much apreciated on the help.  Thanks.