Date:      Fri, 14 Feb 2003 18:08:20 +0100
From:      Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@bellavista.cz>
To:        Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
Cc:        Andrew Y Ng <ayn@AndrewNg.com>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: need some sendmail help

# keramida@ceid.upatras.gr / 2003-02-14 03:51:22 +0200:
> On 2003-02-13 20:38, Andrew Y Ng <ayn@AndrewNg.com> wrote:

> > > - What sendmail_xxx_enable options have you turned on in /etc/rc.conf?
> >
> > ayn@NGBERT:/etc>grep sendmail rc.conf
> > sendmail_enable="YES"
>
> This is where the problem lies.
>
> You have only enabled mail submission through a network connection to
> port 25, but not submission of mail from local users.  I suggest that
> you read at least /etc/mail/README and the rc.sendmail(8) manpage.

    Hi Giorgos,

    it was always my understanding that sendmail_enable="YES" will turn
    Sendmail on wholesale: commandline submits, inbound, outbound.

    rc.sendmail(8) certainly doesn't counter that interpretation, and
    reading /etc/defaults/rc.conf and /etc/rc.sendmail confirms it...

    Or I'm reading it wrong, which is more than possible.