Date:      Thu, 08 Mar 2007 13:23:46 +0000
From:      "Bruce M. Simpson" <bms@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Alexandru Arion <aarion@bitdefender.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SO_ACCEPTCONN equivalent

Alexandru Arion wrote:
> Tried it on fresh install of 5.4: compiled the source locally, run, got
> error "Protocol not available". Same code works on Linux.
>
> By replacing SO_ACCEPTCONN with SO_REUSEADDR, or any other option that
> appears in the manual page for 5.4, the program works correctly.
>
> Bruce, is there something I'm missing?

There was a thread about this on a mailing list in the past from Robert
Watson who was concerned introducing the option might introduce race
conditions; please see the archives for this.

If SO_ACCEPTCONN does not work for you, please consider submitting a
regression test for it e.g. src/tools/regression/sockets/acceptconn so
that someone can pick up on this.

Thanks!
BMS