Date:      Tue, 16 Dec 2008 20:05:29 -0800
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcw@highperformance.net>
To:        freebsd-stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Heimdal Breakage

After installing 6.4-RELEASE on my secondary KDC I decided to test the
secondary KDC.  When trying kinit I get this error:

jcw@w17 ~ $ kinit
jcw@STRADAMOTORSPORTS.COM's Password:
kinit: krb5_get_init_creds: Key size is incompatible with encryption type

One post on the net says that Heimdal changed the key format to add some
padding or somesuch.  I haven't gone about fixing the problem yet so
maybe that post is not applicable to FreeBSD.  Just the same I thought I
would let folks know that their key databases are probably not forward
compatible with 6.4-RELEASE. This would be a pretty big deal for some
users. It would be nice to see this in UPDATING.

Thanks,
Jason